Sunday, August 9, 2009

Rocky Mountain High...

As I have been looking on our pictures since we moved from beautiful Oregon, I'm a little disappointed. There is a pathetically small amount. So, though I'm a firm believer that a picture is worth a thousand words, I'll just have to say more than I show. Bummer.

We are so happy here. I'm convinced that just having all this extra space is doing wonders for us all. We found a house and have been renting it while we were waiting for the bank to approve our offer. Thursday, while visiting this cool park called Garden of the Gods, we got the happy news from our realtor that our offer was accepted and started working on the house that afternoon. It was a short sale, which means just shy of bankrupcy (how in the heck do I spell that?), so the house needs some work. Everything inside and out needs paint. The carpets are really stained and worn, the linoleum is old, the basement smelled like cat, the deck needed to be finished, and the yard is in desperate need of TLC. Just to start. And yet we feel like we're in heaven....

Everyone has their own room (except Ben--he's quick to point that out), and we have so much space. We have almost a quarter acre yard. Right now the yard needs so much work that the kids spend more time in the front riding their bikes down our driveway. Did I mention we are the last house on a cul-d-sac? I would recommend it.

We had great thunder stormes nearly every day in July. But sunny, warm, hot, and cool days all mixed in. They say if you don't like the weather, wait a few hours for it to change.

We already have Zoo passes and are really enjoying the great zoo here. The parks are nothing like Oregon though. Lots of rocks, every park has a sand box, not many trees, sometimes grass, and no shade. I also don't like the library as much as Portland ones. Oh well.

Ben really enjoys work, and he is working with a really great group. The chief resident and his wife had all the residents over for a fourth of july BBQ, and I really think Ben got lucky. They are all so very nice. We had a great time.

Here are a few pictures.




5 comments:

Sofia D. Hoiland said...

Carynn is SOO cute! It was so nice to read this update! Sounds like you have a lot more space and room to garden too, nice. Congrats on the house, that is a new and beautiful stage in your life, huh?

Tyra said...

I am happy that you guys are liking it in Colorado. We miss the Wetzel crew in Gabriel Park though.

daveandbri said...

Hooray for some pics. How can your baby already be that big?? She is a doll . .wouldn't expect anything else from your babies though. Glad you're liking it. And good luck with all the fixing up of the house.

Justin said...

It's been a while since I've looked at your blog. I love the dinosaur in time out photo. Enjoy Colorado and tell Ben hello for me.

AJ said...

I'm soooo glad you are happy there! I'd love to see more pics of the house and neighborhood. Love you!!