Friday, September 4, 2009

Yesterday....

So I was driving in my car yesterday listening to the Dixie Chicks, "Wide Open Spaces"...and I had this total out-of-time experience. I was back in college (Ricks--now BYU-I) excited to face life, feeling like a new person, totally free of responsibility and kids, like my whole life was ahead of me and I was ready for it.

Wow.

Then seconds later that time in college felt like a lifetime ago, or, about 8 years. I glanced back at the three (and for once) QUIET kids in the backseat and Reina smiled at me. As wonderful as that feeling was, as nice as being free and innocent and really excited about all the new things coming: crushes, kids, degree, jobs, new friends.....I can't ask for it back. And I don't really want to.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I've had moments like that before...the memories of carefree youth contrasted with the fulfillment of motherhood.

"Wide Open Spaces" reminds me of Ricks too :)

Gwen said...

THREE kids?? Who is the third?? Oh I would love an update! I guess I'll be getting one in the mail right? I think I might squeeze out something by Christmas... we'll see! Miss you! I cannot belive how big the kids are! Tell Ben hello from all of us!