Friday, May 16, 2008

Mr. VW

Despite Ben's fear that Vaughn will never speak, Vaughn does quite well, in his own way. He points, jabbers all the time, pulls us around, and uses lots of words, his favorites are: water, juice, bear, dog, bird, flower, blanket, binkie, diaper, shoe, car...and many, many more. He loves being outside. For my birthday I bought new boots for myself (from the kids, how thoughtful), and Vaughn was so excited about them, I had to get some for him too (Reina already has a pair). The morning after my birthday I woke up to Vaughn thowing his boots on my head saying, "boots, walk." It was 6 am. At least they weren't dirty yet.

He also loves to listen to music, but doesn't really like my singing (or maybe he just doesn't like being sung to). Yesterday in the car we were listening to Enya turned way up (ya, we get really crazy) the car hit a bump and the CD stopped for a few seconds. Vaughn let out a huge, "NOOOOO!" He thought I'd turned it off. I think he just likes quality.

He love to play with cars, and sometimes two cars can keep him ocupied for most of churh. Vaughn is also really good about going to bed, often when he's ready for a nap or ready for bed, he'll take Ben or I by the hand, ask for his binkie, and then lead us to his bed where we put a blanket around him, and moments later he's asleep. It's really wonderful (as you can imagine). One of the more wonderful things about our buddy is that he is so active, and yet can also be very calm. He loves to cuddle, read books about animals and cars, and sit on our laps. Following are some of the best and most recent pics of Vaughn.

Where's Vaughn?


Daddy's Helper


Cute Legs


Mopping is Tough to Do (especially with these heels)


Daddy Love


Finally SPRING!







I moved all the kid's stuffed animals, and as soon as Vaughn noticed it he climbed right up and started to play with them all. He loves stuffed animals, espcially bears.


Squirrel waching

No comments: